A HashSet is an unordered collection of the unique elements. It comes under System.Collections.Generic namespace. It is used in a situation where we want to prevent duplicates from being inserted in the collection. As far as performance is concerned, it is better in comparison to the list. Elements can be added to HashSet using HashSet
Here mySet is the name of the HashSet.
item: The element to add to the set.
Return Type: This method returns true if the element is added to the HashSet
Below given are some examples to understand the implementation in a better way:
1 3 5 7 9
Geeks GeeksforGeeks GeeksClasses GeeksQuiz
- C# | Check if a HashSet contains the specified element
- C# | Remove the specified element from a HashSet
- C# | HashSet Class
- HashSet in C# with Examples
- C# | Union of two HashSet
- C# | Number of elements in HashSet
- C# | Getting an enumerator that iterates through HashSet<T>
- C# | Create HashSet from another collection
- C# | Remove all elements from a HashSet
- C# | Check if a HashSet is a subset of the specified collection
- C# | Check if a HashSet is a superset of the specified collection
- C# | Check if two HashSet<T> objects are equal
- C# | Check if HashSet and the specified collection contain the same elements
- C# | Remove all elements in a collection from a HashSet
- C# | Check if a HashSet is a proper subset of the specified collection
- C# | Check if a HashSet is a proper superset of the specified collection
- C# | Check if a HashSet and a specified collection share common elements
- C# | Remove elements from a HashSet with conditions defined by the predicate
- C# | How to get Second Element of the Tuple?
- C# | How to get Fifth Element of the Tuple?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.