C++ Program to count Vowels in a string using Pointer
Pre-requisite: Pointers in C++
Given a string of lowercase english alphabets. The task is to count number of vowels present in a string using pointers
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Practice GATE exam well before the actual exam with the subject-wise and overall quizzes available in GATE Test Series Course.
Learn all GATE CS concepts with Free Live Classes on our youtube channel.
Input : str = "geeks" Output : 2 Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" Output : 5
- Initialize the string using a character array.
- Create a character pointer and initialize it with the first element in array of character (string).
- Create a counter to count vowels.
- Iterate the loop till character pointer find ‘\0’ null character, and as soon as null character encounter, stop the loop.
- Check whether any vowel is present or not while iterating the pointer, if vowel found increment the count.
- Print the count.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Vowels in above string: 5