Pre-requisite: Pointers in C++
Given a string of lowercase english alphabets. The task is to count number of vowels present in a string using pointers
Input : str = "geeks" Output : 2 Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" Output : 5
- Initialize the string using a character array.
- Create a character pointer and initialize it with the first element in array of character (string).
- Create a counter to count vowels.
- Iterate the loop till character pointer find ‘\0’ null character, and as soon as null character encounter, stop the loop.
- Check whether any vowel is present or not while iterating the pointer, if vowel found increment the count.
- Print the count.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Vowels in above string: 5
- Count the pairs of vowels in the given string
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Program to count occurrence of a given character in a string
- Double Pointer (Pointer to Pointer) in C
- What is a Pointer to a Null pointer
- Count occurrences of a word in string
- Count palindromic characteristics of a String
- Count of cyclic permutations having XOR with other binary string as 0
- Count occurrences of a sub-string with one variable character
- Longest Ordered Subsequence of Vowels
- Longest substring having K distinct vowels
- Program to remove consonants from a String
- Program to Reverse a String using Pointers
- Program to extract words from a given String
- C++ Program to compare two string using pointers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh