Given a matrix with most of its elements as 0, convert this matrix to sparse matrix in C++
Input: Matrix: 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 4 Output: Sparse Matrix: 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 3 3 2 5 4 3 4 Explanation: Here the Sparse matrix is represented in the form Row Column Value Hence the row 0 1 1 means that the value of the matrix at row 0 and column 1 is 1
- Get the matrix with most of its elements as 0.
- Create a new 2D array to store the Sparse Matrix of only 3 columns (Row, Column, Value).
- Iterate through the Matrix, and check if an element is non zero. In this case insert this element into the Sparse Matrix.
- After each insertion, increment the value of variable length(here ‘len’). This will serve as the row dimension of the Sparse Matrix
- Print the Dimension of the Sparse Matrix and its elements.
Matrix: 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 4 Dimension of Sparse Matrix: 5 x 3 Sparse Matrix: Row Column Value 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 3 3 2 5 4 3 4
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Program to convert given Matrix to a Diagonal Matrix
- Minimum number of steps to convert a given matrix into Diagonally Dominant Matrix
- Minimum steps required to convert the matrix into lower hessenberg matrix
- Minimum number of steps to convert a given matrix into Upper Hessenberg matrix
- Sparse Matrix Representations | Set 3 ( CSR )
- Check if a given matrix is sparse or not
- Program to convert the diagonal elements of the matrix to 0
- Convert given Matrix into sorted Spiral Matrix
- Sparse Matrix and its representations | Set 1 (Using Arrays and Linked Lists)
- Sparse Matrix and its representations | Set 2 (Using List of Lists and Dictionary of keys)
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
- Program to check if a matrix is Binary matrix or not
- In-place convert matrix in specific order
- Convert a String into a square matrix grid of characters
- Minimum cost to convert 3 X 3 matrix into magic square
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.