Given two numbers A and B. The task is to write a program to find the quotient and remainder of these two numbers when A is divided by B.
Input: A = 2, B = 6 Output: Quotient = 0, Remainder = 2 Input: A = 17, B = 5 Output: Quotient = 3, Remainder = 2
In the below program, to find the quotient and remainder of the two numbers, the user is first asked to enter two numbers. The inputs are scanned using the scanf() function and stored in the variables and . Then, the variables and are divided using the arithmetic operator to get the quotient as result stored in the variable quotient; and using the arithmetic operator % to get the remainder as result stored in the variable remainder.
Below is the programs to find the quotient and remainder of two numbers:
Enter two numbers A and B : 17 5 Quotient when A/B is: 3 Remainder when A/B is: 2
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program to find Quotient And Remainder in Java
- Program to compute Log n
- C/C++ Program to Find remainder of array multiplication divided by n
- Program to compute log a to any base b (logb a)
- Program to compute division upto n decimal places
- Find the remainder when N is divided by 4 using Bitwise AND operator
- Largest number less than or equal to Z that leaves a remainder X when divided by Y
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Maximum possible remainder when an element is divided by other element in the array
- C program to print a string without any quote (singe or double) in the program
- C Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Hello World Program : First program while learning Programming
- Lex Program to remove comments from C program
- C program to detect tokens in a C program
- C Program for Program for array rotation
- C Program to Add two Integers
- Program to calculate value of nCr
- Program for n-th even number
- Program for n-th odd number
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.