Write a function rotate(arr, d, n) that rotates arr of size n by d elements.
Input: arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] d = 2 Output: arr = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2]
Rotation of the above array by 2 will make array
rotate(arr, d, n) reverse(arr, 1, d) ; reverse(arr, d + 1, n); reverse(arr, 1, n);
Let AB are the two parts of the input array where A = arr[0..d-1] and B = arr[d..n-1]. The idea of the algorithm is :
- Reverse A to get ArB, where Ar is reverse of A.
- Reverse B to get ArBr, where Br is reverse of B.
- Reverse all to get (ArBr) r = BA.
Let the array be arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7], d =2 and n = 7
A = [1, 2] and B = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
- Reverse A, we get ArB = [2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
- Reverse B, we get ArBr = [2, 1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3]
- Reverse all, we get (ArBr)r = [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1, 2]
Below is the C implementation of the above approach :
3 4 5 6 7 1 2
Time Complexity : O(n)
Please refer complete article on Reversal algorithm for array rotation for more details!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Java Program for Reversal algorithm for array rotation
- Reversal algorithm for array rotation
- Reversal algorithm for right rotation of an array
- Block swap algorithm for array rotation
- Program for array rotation
- C Program for Program for array rotation
- Left rotation of an array using vectors in C++
- Circular rotation of an array using deque in C++
- Left Rotation and Right Rotation of a String
- Print left rotation of array in O(n) time and O(1) space
- Find the Rotation Count in Rotated Sorted array
- Find starting index for every occurrence of given array B in array A using Z-Algorithm
- C Program for KMP Algorithm for Pattern Searching
- C Program for Naive algorithm for Pattern Searching
- C Program for Rabin-Karp Algorithm for Pattern Searching
- C / C++ Program for Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm | Greedy Algo-7
- C/C++ Program for Greedy Algorithm to find Minimum number of Coins
- Median of an unsorted array using Quick Select Algorithm
- Queries for Count of divisors of product of an Array in given range | Set 2 (MO's Algorithm)
- Lexicographically minimum string rotation | Set 1