A set of points on a plain surface that forms a curve such that any point on that curve is equidistant from the focus is a parabola.
Vertex of a parabola is the coordinate from which it takes the sharpest turn whereas a is the straight line used to generate the curve.
The standard form of a parabola equation is . Given the values of a, b and c; our task is to find the coordinates of vertex, focus and the equation of the directrix.
Input : 5 3 2 Output : Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198 Consult the formula below for explanation.
Vertex: (-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198
Please refer complete article on Finding the vertex, focus and directrix of a parabola for more details!
- C Program for Program to find area of a circle
- C Program for Program for array rotation
- Lex Program to remove comments from C program
- How does a C program executes?
- Program to print Hut
- C Program for Cutting a Rod | DP-13
- C Program to Add two Integers
- C Program for ID3 Tagging
- C Program for Subset Sum Problem | DP-25
- C Program for Tower of Hanoi
- C Program for Rat in a Maze | Backtracking-2
- C / C++ Program for Subset Sum | Backtracking-4
- C Program for simple interest
- C Program Coin Change
- C program for file Transfer using UDP