Given a number “n”, find its total number of divisors is even or odd.
Input : n = 10 Output : Even Input: n = 100 Output: Odd Input: n = 125 Output: Even
A naive approach would be to find all the divisors and then see if the total number of divisors is even or odd.
Time complexity for such a solution would be O(sqrt(n))
The count of divisor: Even
We can observe that the number of divisors is odd only in case of perfect squares. Hence the best solution would be to check if the given number is perfect square or not. If it’s a perfect square, then the number of divisors would be odd, else it’d be even.
The count of divisors of 10 is: Even
Please refer complete article on Check if count of divisors is even or odd for more details!
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Java Program to Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Program to find count of numbers having odd number of divisors in given range
- Count Divisors of n in O(n^1/3)
- Count Divisors of Factorial
- Check if sum of divisors of two numbers are same
- Count divisors of array multiplication
- Count of numbers below N whose sum of prime divisors is K
- Count of Fibonacci divisors of a given number
- Count total divisors of A or B in a given range
- Count all perfect divisors of a number
- Count divisors of n that have at-least one digit common with n
- Count of the non-prime divisors of a given number
- Check if the given array contains all the divisors of some integer
- Count the numbers < N which have equal number of divisors as K