Given four types of variables, namely int, char, float and double, the task is to write a program in C or C++ to find the size of these four types of variables.
Input: int Output: Size of int = 4 Input: double Output: Size of double = 8
Here is a list of all the data types with its size, range and the access specifiers:
|Data Type||Memory (bytes)||Range||Format Specifier|
|short int||2||-32,768 to 32,767||%hd|
|unsigned short int||2||0 to 65,535||%hu|
|unsigned int||4||0 to 4,294,967,295||%u|
|int||4||-2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647||%d|
|long int||4||-2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647||%ld|
|unsigned long int||4||0 to 4,294,967,295||%lu|
|long long int||8||-(2^63) to (2^63)-1||%lld|
|unsigned long long int||8||0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615||%llu|
|signed char||1||-128 to 127||%c|
|unsigned char||1||0 to 255||%c|
To find the size of the four variables:
- The four types of variables are defined in integerType, floatType, doubleType and charType.
- The size of the variables is calculated using the sizeof() operator.
Below is the C and C++ program to find the size of int, char, float and double data types:
Size of int is: 4 Size of char is: 1 Size of float is: 4 Size of double is: 8
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- size of char datatype and char array in C
- Difference between float and double in C/C++
- Modulus of two float or double numbers
- C Program to find size of a File
- What is the difference between single quoted and double quoted declaration of char array?
- C program to print a string without any quote (singe or double) in the program
- Lex Program to accept a valid integer and float value
- Python 3 | Program to print double sided stair-case pattern
- Program to concatenate two given Matrices of same size
- C Program for Maximum size square sub-matrix with all 1s
- C / C++ Program for Median of two sorted arrays of same size
- Java Program to Multiply two Matrices of any size
- Program that receives a number and prints it out in large size
- How to find size of array in C/C++ without using sizeof ?
- What is the difference between "char a" and "char a"?
- What's difference between char s and char *s in C?
- C Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Difference between const char *p, char * const p and const char * const p
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.