Bubble Chart in Tableau
In this article, we will learn how to draw a bubble chart in tableau worksheet to do further operations. For this first look into two terms :
- Tableau : Tableau is a powerful and fastest-growing data visualization tool used in the Business Intelligence Industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into a very easily understandable format.
- Bubble Chart : A bubble chart is a type of chart that displays three dimensions of data. Each entity with its triplet (v1, v2, v3) of associated data is plotted as a disk that expresses two of the vi values through the disk’s xy location and the third through its size.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
For this we have to follow some steps :
- Open the Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
- Drag and drop the one sheet of the connected dataset.
- Click on sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
- On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on the left side and a worksheet for work.
- To draw a bubble chart you have to select a minimum of two attributes (one in the row and one in the column) by drag and drop then select the chart option as a bubble.
Example 1: Bubble chart with Market as Columns and Profit as Rows.
Example 2: This example is also drawn similar to the above example 1 with some extra marks and which is explained in steps given below :
- Select the Region and Profit fields as column and row respectively.
- Select the chart type bubble chart
- Apply marks by labels of Discount
- Apply marks by tooltip of quantity.
Example 3: This example is also drawn similar to above example 1 with some extra marks and which is explained in steps given below :
- Select the Sub category and sales fields as column and row respectively.
- Select the chart type bubble chart.
- Apply marks by labels of Category.