BootStrap Introduction and Installation
To begin Web development you may go through this article first.
- Grid System
- Buttons, Glyphicons, Tables
- Vertical Forms, Horizontal Forms, Inline Forms
- DropDowns and Responsive Tabs
- Progress Bar and Jumbotron
Reason to choose Bootstrap:
- Faster and Easier Web-Development.
- It creates Platform-independent web-pages.
- It creates Responsive Web-pages.
- It’s designed to be responsive to mobile devices too.
- It’s Free! Available on www.getbootstrap.com
Installing Bootstrap: There are two ways in which we can install Bootstrap. I will talk about both ways of Installing Bootstrap. But before installing Bootstrap, we must code a basic html document on which we would install Bootstrap. Here it is,
Method 1 (BootstrapCDN): This method of installing Bootstrap is fairly easy but it requires Internet connection. It is highly recommended that you follow this method.
Step 1: Goto getbootstrap and click Getting Started . Scroll down.
- Step 2: Copy the <link> and paste it in the head section of the HTML code.
Step 3:Copy the <script> tag and paste those things in the body section at bottom position like the above code.
Step 4: Bingo! You’ve installed Bootstrap on your html document. To see the changes on your document, try opening the page on a separate tab of your browser and you can easily notice the difference between the two codes. Though, not much of difference can be felt till now, but it would be apparent in the later parts of the article. Here, the one on the left is without bootstrap and the one on the right is with bootstrap installed.
Method 2(Compiled CSS and JS): This method of installing bootstrap is also easy but it can work offline ( doesn’t require an internet connection ) but it might not work for some browsers.
- Step 1: Goto getbootstrap and click Getting Started. Click on the Download Bootstrap button and download the compiled CSS and JS.
Step 2: A.zip file would get downloaded. Extract it and go into the distribution folder. You would see 2 folders named CSS and JS. You can make your HTML file there and then you must paste these links in their respective sections.
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”css/bootstrap.min.css”> <script src=”js/bootstrap.min.js”></script> <script src= “https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js”> </script>
HTML 3: Open the HTML document with the browser and see the difference which bootstrap makes! This would probably not support higher versions of Internet Explorer(8+) and for them we need to download additional files which is cumbersome. So, It is highly recommended to follow Method A which is really very simple.
Please Login to comment...