The close icon in bootstrap is a utility, that is used to dismiss any content (e.g., Alerts, Modals, Popovers). It is represented by a generic cross/close icon.
Below is a sample HTML code including a close icon for dismissing content in bootstrap:
Note: The data-dismiss attribute can be used with button tag to target the component to dismiss such as a modal or an alert.
Close icon to dismiss Alert
Close icon to dismiss Modal
- How to replace dropdown-toggle icon with another default icon in Bootstrap ?
- How to Automatically Close Alerts using Twitter Bootstrap ?
- How to open or close react-bootstrap modal pro-grammatically?
- How to change the position of modal close button in bootstrap?
- Bootstrap 5 | Close button
- How to close sidebar by default using Bootstrap ?
- Projecting Content into Components with ng-content
- How to use Bootstrap to align labels with content into 4 columns ?
- How to accordion scroll to top to open content in Bootstrap ?
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- How to count number of notification on an icon?
- How to add icon logo in title bar using HTML ?
- How to style icon color, size, and shadow by using CSS ?
- CSS to put icon inside an input element in a form
- How to display icon next to show/hide text on button?
- How to place Font Awesome icon to input field ?
- How to Create an Image Overlay Icon using HTML and CSS ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.