BNY Mellon Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round1: Online coding round
This was an online coding round conducted on the Hackerrank platform and consisted of 4 questions.
- Easy (30 marks): longest subarray which is first increasing and then decreasing Medium This question was based on implementation and some range queries. I solved this partially and could only pass 7 out of 15 test cases.
- Medium(50 marks): This question was a variation of no. of islands.
- Hard(100 marks): This question was a variation of 0-1 knapsack from dynamic programming.
A lot of students applied, only 12 were selected for further rounds. I solved easy,medium2, and hard with 100% test cases passed and medium1 with 7 out of 15 test cases passed. The approximate cut-off was 150 marks.
Round 2:This round mainly focused on data structures and algorithm skills. Their focus was mainly on accuracy and how your code works.
- He asked me to verify the birthday paradox with code.
- How to generate random numbers in c++ ??
5 students were selected for a further round.
- This round was completely based on Object-Oriented skills and CS fundamentals.
- This was actually an HR round. We had a general discussion on various topics such as how will you learn something which is not in your syllabus??
- What will you do when your team is performing very poorly although having great members ??
- He expected honest answers rather than ideal ones…
- Then he asked some questions related to the operating system.
Finally, I was one of the 3 students selected for the internship.