BNY Mellon Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round1: Online coding round
This was an online coding round conducted on the Hackerrank platform and consisted of 4 questions.
- Easy (30 marks): longest subarray which is first increasing and then decreasing Medium This question was based on implementation and some range queries. I solved this partially and could only pass 7 out of 15 test cases.
- Medium(50 marks): This question was a variation of no. of islands.
- Hard(100 marks): This question was a variation of 0-1 knapsack from dynamic programming.
A lot of students applied, only 12 were selected for further rounds. I solved easy,medium2, and hard with 100% test cases passed and medium1 with 7 out of 15 test cases passed. The approximate cut-off was 150 marks.
Round 2:This round mainly focused on data structures and algorithm skills. Their focus was mainly on accuracy and how your code works.
- He asked me to verify the birthday paradox with code.
- How to generate random numbers in c++ ??
5 students were selected for a further round.
- This round was completely based on Object-Oriented skills and CS fundamentals.
- This was actually an HR round. We had a general discussion on various topics such as how will you learn something which is not in your syllabus??
- What will you do when your team is performing very poorly although having great members ??
- He expected honest answers rather than ideal ones…
- Then he asked some questions related to the operating system.
Finally, I was one of the 3 students selected for the internship.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!