I got the interview opportunity through the “Code Divas Diversity Challenge 2020” organized by BNY Mellon on HackerEarth. I had applied for 2 months summer internship, which was open for 3rd-year students.
The coding round conducted on HackerEarth had 4 coding problems to be solved. Candidates who scored 55% or more cleared this round.
Next, there were 3 virtual interviews.
Interview Round 1(Platform HackerRank): Duration: 1 hr+
- Coding Question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-ways-express-number-sum-consecutive-numbers/
- Basic java input-output questions related to operators.
- Language preferred, and the reason for it. Difference between java and c++.
- Difference between method overloading and overriding.
- Super keyword in java and its uses.
- Do you know how the code is actually deployed on machines in the real world?
- A very brief discussion on projects.
- An SQL Query.
- 2 logical puzzles – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/egg-dropping-puzzle-dp-11/
After that, I was given a chance to ask any question to the interviewer.
Interview Round 2(Platform HackerRank): Duration: 1 hr
- Detailed discussion on my projects
- What is a tuple in python?
- SQL queries
- What are cookies?
- What is scope in a programming language?
- Explain outer join in DBMS
- Run time polymorphism
- Inner class vs sub class
- Interface vs abstract class
- Design a DBMS for the School attendance System
Finally, I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer.
Interview Round 3(Platform: Cisco WebEx): Duration: 30 min
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What actions have you taken to achieve your long and short-term goals so far?
- Do you use any online platforms for learning about the latest developments in the field?
- Are you a member of any professional society or research organisation?
- My areas of interest? I answered ML and DL.
- Tell me something about ML that fascinates you.
- How would you handle a dispute in your project team? What would you do if your team members are disinterested and lazy?
- Why is Java preferred in the industry?
- What is inheritance?
- What is multiple inheritance?
- What is memory sequencing?
- Practical applications of ML and Dl.
- Puzzle: 10 people shake hands with each other. How many handshakes will be there in total?
- Any questions for me?
The interview entire process took 3 months. I got a positive response and was offered a 2-month summer internship.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.