BNY Mellon Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
Online Assessment: This was an online coding round conducted on the Hacker rank platform and consisted of 4 questions.
- Easy – Based on Array and Sorting
- Medium – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-minimum-number-of-fountains-to-be-activated-to-cover-the-entire-garden/
- Medium – https://leetcode.com/problems/maximal-square/
- Hard – Given some points in the form (x, y) and a value x, find the y corresponding to x using a few conditions given in the question. Basically Had to use lower bound and upper bound concepts.
I was able to do easy and both medium (all the Test Cases passed) and partial test cases of Hard Questions.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
A lot of Students applied and finally, 25 students were selected for Interviews, I was one of them.
Round-1(Technical Interview): Began with introductions and a coding question- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-words-in-a-given-string/ and one more that was also basic question on stack. Then he asked me about my projects and detailed discussion on technologies I have used.
He asked some DBMS and OOPS questions –
- Operator Overloading, Polymorphism, early/late binding, virtual memory etc.
- Also asked me to write an SQL Query (Joins and aggregate functions).
- Then, I was told that I am selected for next Interview Rounds.
Round-2(Technical Interview): Interviewer was Vice President at BNY Mellon
- Started with introductions, he asked coding questions – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/minimum-number-increment-operations-make-array-elements-equal/ and https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-distinct-pairs-with-given-sum/.
- Then he gave me SQL question to solve on HackerRank and a question on code related to API’s and some discussion on languages.
- In few minutes, I was told I am selected for final round.
Round-3(HR +Technical): Brief Introductions and discussion on projects (in-depth) and OOPs-related questions.
- He asked tech stack-related questions and a simple puzzle: Given 2 jars one of 4 liters, the other 5 liters, and an infinite water supply, how to measure 7 liters of water using these 2 jars. and
- Tell me about a time where you displayed leadership skills.” and few similar HR questions and
- What I knew about BNY Mellon. and If I had any questions for him.
Finally, I was selected for the Internship.