BlueOptima Interview Experience for Graduate Software Engineer
Round 1: Online Test on HackerEarth having 20 technical aptitude questions and two coding questions. aptitude mainly had java related coding and theory questions and in coding.
- Escape from Grid(https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/algorithms/graphs/breadth-first-search/practice-problems/algorithm/escape-from-grid-google-ff752cb1/)
- Chocolate Distribution(https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/basic-programming/implementation/basics-of-implementation/practice-problems/algorithm/chocolate-distribution-709f61ec/)
Round 2: 48 Students got qualified for this round, this was a 30 mins quick interview.
OOPS- Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation.
- Inheritance VS polymorphism.
- Types of polymorphism.
- overloading vs overriding.
- function on both.
Question on the ternary operator
- DDL VS DML
- Normalisation vs denormalisation
- SQL queries todo.
- What to do when DB can handle only 100 votes but 1000 are coming from a bank.
Explain the internship.
- Stacks vs Queues.
- explain Binary Search, time complexity.
- Merge sort- nlogn divide and conquer.
- Recursion- Explain, base cases.
Round 3: Work Sample was given in this round so basically, it was a production level problem, and 5 days were given to solve, document, and submit the code, and teams were made of 2-3 people in the teams.
Round 4: Work Sample discussion so our team got called for this round.
- Explain the approach for the problem statement, Scopes of improvements for the project.
- What is NoSQL, what does DB offer(ACID), why is a web application, what is a web app which works on mobile- responsive.
- Individual contributions, any questions (can we change the role), more questions on the storage of files.
- code-related question on async js, promises, set timeout, how to fix it, use of the global array.
- optimization, performance, handling huge data, getting out the right data.