Aptitude and Coding Round
This round consisted of 12 questions including 10 general aptitude and 2 coding questions. The aptitude part comprised of questions on speed, distance & time, permutation & combination, probability, and other general mathematical concepts. The 2 coding questions were based on digit sum of a number and decimal to binary conversion of a string. The aptitude questions were multiple choice type with a marking of +2 and -1. I could solve 7 aptitude and 1 coding question after which i was selected for the interviews.
Interview Round 1
The interviews took place at Bidgely’s office which is located at the outer ring road near Bellandur. This round started off with the customary question: “ Tell me about yourself ? ”. I introduced myself to the interviewer and told him about the various academic projects i undertook.
- He took specific interest in my DBMS project which I thoroughly explained to him using an E-R diagram.
- Further, this round was mostly about data structures, specially trees.
- I was asked few simple concepts such as DFS, BFS, tree traversals and their respective pseudo codes.
- There were questions on conversion for pre-order to post-order given the inorder, level order traversal of a tree using a queue.
- The last question for the round was on the Dijkstra’s algorithm and its modification.
Interview Round 2
The level of difficulty of questions increased in this round.
- The first question that the interviewer asked me was to divide a given array into 3 variable stacks and the generalize the code for ‘n’ stacks. I used n+1 arrays, one for keeping the track of empty places in the array (array coloring), and the rest ‘n’ for keeping a track for previous stack tops.
- Next question was to store a tree in a database. Basically, i had to explain him the structure of the database table.
Interview Round 3
This was a short round with just one question: “ How do you find the number of unique users visiting a web page within a bracket of one hour ?”. I used queues to count the users and the concept of cookies to keep a track of uniqueness. After this, I was selected for the profile of Software Engineer.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.