In this article, we will see how beautifulsoup can be employed to select nth-child. For this, select() methods of the module are used. The select() method uses the SoupSieve package to use the CSS selector against the parsed document.
- nth-of-type(n): Selects the nth paragraph child of the parent.
- nth-child(n): Selects paragraph which is the nth child of the parent
- Import module
- Scrap data from a webpage.
- Parse the string scraped to HTML.
- Use find() function to get tag with the given class name or id or tag_name.
- Use select(“css_selector”) to find the nth child
- Print the child.
- select(“p:nth-of-type(n)”) means select the nth paragraph child of the parent.
- select(“p:nth-child(n)”) means select paragraph which is the nth child of the parent.
- Both functions will return  if a parent doesn’t have nth-child.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course