batch command is used to read commands from standard input or a specified file and execute them when system load levels permit i.e. when the load average drops below 1.5.
It is important to note that batch does not accepts any parameters.
Other Similar Commands:
- atq: Used to display the queue of pending jobs(this is because at and batch both uses the same job queue).
- atrm: Used to remove the specified job from job queue.
- Working with the batch command.
- Executing some commands using batch.
- See the average load is lower than 1.5 that’s why the job queue is empty and command executed instantly.
- Use ctrl +d when done giving commands to batch.