Basic Excel Formulas
Functions in Excel are the predefined formulas that have their specific meaningful work. They make our task easy and quick like finding the sum, count, average, maximum value, and minimum values for a range of cells. For example, the SUM function will calculate the sum of the range passed to it as an argument.
Functions increase productivity while working in Excel.
Attention reader! All those who say programming isn't for kids, just haven't met the right mentors yet. Join the Demo Class for First Step to Coding Course, specifically designed for students of class 8 to 12.
The students will get to learn more about the world of programming in these free classes which will definitely help them in making a wise career choice in the future.
Basic Functions in Excel
We have data on Vegetables used in 1 week in a house, and we find the total cost of vegetables. Now, we’ll apply basic Excel Functions on the data.
- Sum(): It adds all the values in a range of cells.
- Max(): It will find the maximum value in the given range of values.
- Min(): It will find the minimum value in the given range of values.
- Average(): It calculates the average value in a range of cells.
- Count(): It will count the number of cells in a range of cells.
- Len(): It will return the number of characters in a string text.
- Sumif(): It Adds all the values in a range of cells that meet a specified condition. = SUMIF(range,criteria,[sum_range]).
- AverageIf():- It Calculates the average value in a range of cells that meet the specified criteria. =AVERAGEIF(range,criteria,[average_range]).