Barclays Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
Barclays visited our university for the full-time hiring of 2022 graduates. The eligibility criteria for sitting in the process was 60% and above throughout your academics, i.e., 10th, 12th, and engineering. The eligible branch for applying was CSE and IT.
- Technical+HR interview
Round 1: The first round consisted of 30 MCQs and 2 coding questions.
- Unlike other exams, you can not be sure of getting shortlisted by solving just the coding questions.
- MCQs consisted mostly of the output-based questions, DBMS, oops, and os concepts. One coding question was 20 marks and one of 50.
- I was able to solve both the coding questions and most of the MCQs. For acing this round, you need to keep your concepts clear.
Round 2: The shortlist was published around 4 days later and the interview was conducted in slots. In Barclays, interviewers are vice-presidents who have a lot of knowledge about technical stuff. So make sure that you don’t mention anything in your resume just for the sake of mentioning it. I was the second person in line to give the interview hence I couldn’t get a chance to ask my colleagues about their experience.
- My interviewer was a very polite person. He started by telling me to introduce myself. I covered all the topics in my introduction about which I wanted to have a discussion. I mentioned all the internships, hackathons, and projects about which I was confident to answer.
- After the introduction, he asked me about my internship and the technologies that I have used. I explained my experience in every detail, giving insight about each tech stack, why it is used and how did I use it. I explained all the technical stuff in my internship in about 10-12 mins.
- Next, he asked me about the technology I was confident in. In addition to mentioning the tech-stacks, I said that I am good at java. He repeated that by asking so you are good at Java but did not ask any questions.
- He then asked me about my project about which I explained using the STAR analysis. he asked about the challenges that I faced during this project and how did I overcome it. We had a good discussion about the project for around 5-7 mins.
- Next, he asked me about most of the skills mentioned in my resume, the kind of work that I have done in those technologies, and how I am taking it forward. This was about the technical part. Before moving to the HR part, he asked me the kind of role I was looking for.
- The HR part mostly consisted of the famous RISES part of Barclays. Before going to the interview, understand each of these visions. Also, try going through the company profile and understand the company.
- The interview was different for all. Some had resume-based interrogation, some had oops, DBMS, SQL, and coding. Some were asked HR questions and some were not.
- However, most of the people who got selected were asked HR questions too after the technical part was over.
Results came after about a week and I was happy to see my name on the list.
- Prepare your introduction in such a way that it takes your interview forward.
- Mention only those things in your resume about which you are confident to answer.
- If you don’t know the answer to any question, let the interviewer know. Don’t fool with them, they are very knowledgeable.