Barclays Interview Experience | On-Campus 2020 (Virtual)
Barclays came for Virtual Campus hiring for the role of BA3 at our engineering college between 24th September 2020 and 28th September 2020. The process took 4 days. 125 students only Computer and IT Branches were eligible were a part of the process and at the end, 6 students were selected.
PPT was just like any other company. During the PPT, they mentioned that there will be 1 tech and 1 HR interview after the test, however, they later changed it and took only a single interview.
Round 1 (Technical Assessment): The test was taken on HackerEarth platform. It consisted of 30 MCQ’s and 2 coding questions. EACH MCQ had an average weightage of 12 to 16 marks. The MCQ’s were on topics like DBMS, SQL, Java, C++, Python, Mongo DB, Oracle DB, and Servlets. The 2 coding questions were of 20 marks and 50 marks. Both the coding questions were hard and students who got shortlisted mainly scored because of the high weightage of the MCQs.
After the first round, 22 of 125 students were shortlisted.
Round 1 (Technical Interview): Scheduled for 30 mins per candidate, however, mine went on for 50 mins. Mainly based on the projects mentioned in your resume. My interview was taken by the VP of Barclays and questions were as follows:
- Introduce yourself and the technologies you’ve worked on.
- Questions on Project at “code level”. He went too deep into the projects. One must know them inside out.
- Questions on the Angular framework. (mentioned on my resume)
- Asked me the database schema of my project, followed by questions on DBMS and a SQL query that involved the GROUP BY clause. He followed it up by asking questions on JDBC like how to load DB Driver etc.
- He then shifted to Java and asked me to explain the core OOP concepts.
- Explain Overidding, overloading, abstraction, encapsulation.
- What are the data structures you’ve used in your project?
- He then asked me questions on Java Collections API.
Tips: Other candidates were asked questions on sorting methods, SDLC, Waterfall, and other models, DBMS, SQL, and OOP. Prepare these subjects well.
Round 3 (HR Interview): Was supposed to be conducted but they directly emailed the final selects after a single interview, that too after a span of 3 days.
Also, I would like to add that there were 5 panelists taking the interviews. 2 of the selected 2 students each and 2 other panelists did not select a single student. My panelist did not select anyone among the 4 of us he interviewed, so my 50-min long interview was in vain. This was pretty unethical on their part to do such a thing and this left the other 16 candidates disheartened.
Barclays give high weightage to their so-called “VALUES” which they call as “RISES”. To be honest, I didn’t see any of their values in the hiring process. The least I can say is: the process wasn’t fair.
All the best. Good luck!