Barclays BA3 Interview Experience for Internship
BARCLAYS visited our campus in the last week of October to hire interns for the 2022 Summer internship for the role of BA3. Eligibility criteria were CGPA > 7.00 and no active backlogs. 3rd-year students of CS and IT branches were allowed to sit for the test. The complete process comprised of two rounds; round 1 for coding and round 2 for the interview.
Note: They don’t allow Diploma students for the process.
Round 1(Online Assessment):
- The first round was the coding round conducted on the Hacker-Earth platform.
- It comprised of 30 MCQs and 2 coding questions(One easy level difficulty mostly from Arrays and other is medium level difficulty. It can be of Graph ,DP ,Trees) with a duration of 90 mins.
- Every student gets a different set of questions of varying difficulty.
- The MCQs were from topics like: output based questions of C++, OOP concepts, MongoDB, Java, DBMS, OS, Java Script, Servlets, basic questions from Python was also there.
- There was no negative marking for any of the MCQs. So be thorough with your concepts that will help you much in the MCQ part(it has a good weightage in Barclays).
- Results are declared within a day or two and they’ll ask for your resume so be prepared with your resume.
- From my college 31 students were shortlisted for the interview process.
Round 2(Technical Interview):
- We had our OA test on 26’Oct and the interview was scheduled for 29’Oct from 5:00 AM-5:00 PM.
- Barclays conduct only one interview round i.e. (Tech+HR) on CISCO WebEx. Also, In Barclays, the interviews are taken by VPs only so don’t panic that VP will ask you questions and all.
- The interviewer was a bit late and he had my resume. He asked me the typical “tell me something about yourself”.
- Firstly, he started with the Projects that I have mentioned in my Resume. (Explanation from basic to working of that project).
- DBMS: Joins, Types of joins, Normalization, forms of normalization, then he asked me by giving two tables to convert it into 3NF.
- OOPs: C++/Java is purely OOP or not. Why? Inheritance, Types of inheritance, real-life example of inheritance, Features of OOPs.
- OS: What is OS, types of OS, Scheduling algorithms(Any two)
- DCN: 7 layers of OSI model.
- DSA: He asked about 3 situations and asked which Data Structure I will use and why? Difference between BFS and DFS.
- That’s all about my Technical interview and I was not asked any of the HR questions.
- Lastly, the interviewer asked if I had any questions for him. So, be ready with one or two good questions you can ask them that’ll show your curiosity and attentive nature.
- Barclay’s specific question is its values Barclays values i.e. RISES(Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship)
So, finally, on 30’Oct the final results came and there were 23 students and I was one of them who was offered a Summer Internship in Barclays.
- Be thorough with your resume and write what you know very well. Don’t lie on that.
- Practice a good set of questions available on gfg, leetcode and hackerrank etc. whatever suits you.
- You can refer to geeksforgeeks and interview bit for your core subjects like DBMS, OOP, OS, DCN, etc.
- Be confident in front of the interviewer.
- Do read Archives from gfg a day before your interview.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...