In the radio frequency spectrum, Band is also called frequency. Band is a specific range of frequencies in which the frequencies is divided from very low frequency to extremely high frequency and each band has their upper and lower frequency limit.
For example, very low frequency, low frequency (with their frequency range 3KHz-30KHz and 30KHz-300KHz respectively) etc.
A continuous range or spectrum of frequencies that extends from one limiting frequency to another. There are different type of frequencies in RF which are different from another.
The difference between among them are given below on the basis of their frequency ranges, propagation and their applications (where these frequencies are used) respectively.
|Very Low Frequency (VLF)||3KHz-30KHz||Ground||Long range radio navigation|
|Low Frequency (LF)||30KHz-300KHz||Ground||Radio Broadcasting and navigational locator|
|Medium Frequency (MF)||300KHz-3MHz||Sky||Radio Broadcasting, AM Radio, Land|
|High Frequency (HF)||3MHz-30MHz||Sky||Citizen band/Aircraft/Ship Communication|
|Very High Frequency (VHF)||30MHz-300MHz||Sky and Line of sight||Amateur Radio, Radio Navigation, VHF T.V. and FM Radio|
|Ultra High Frequency (UHF)||300MHz-3000MHz||Line of sight||VHF T.V., cellular Phone, Paging, Satellite|
|Super High Frequency (SHF)||3GHz-30GHz||Line of sight||Mobile, Radio Navigation, Space and Satellite Communication|
|Extremely High Frequency (EHF)||30GHz-300GHz||Line of sight||Radar, Amateur radio, satellite and space exploration|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Dynamic Frequency Scaling and Dynamic Voltage Scaling
- Difference between Near Field Communication (NFC) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Control Characters
- Structure of Input-Output Interface
- How does Volatile qualifier of C works in Computing System
- Difference between Active Transducer and Passive Transducer
- ARM processor and its Features
- Classification of Smart objects
- Difference between RAM and SRAM
- Characteristics of Computer System
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ARM processor
- SIM Card Formats
- Life cycle of Component Object Model (COM) Object
- Difference between Thompson Shell and POSIX Shell
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.