In the radio frequency spectrum, Band is also called frequency. Band is a specific range of frequencies in which the frequencies is divided from very low frequency to extremely high frequency and each band has their upper and lower frequency limit.
For example, very low frequency, low frequency (with their frequency range 3KHz-30KHz and 30KHz-300KHz respectively) etc.
A continuous range or spectrum of frequencies that extends from one limiting frequency to another. There are different type of frequencies in RF which are different from another.
The difference between among them are given below on the basis of their frequency ranges, propagation and their applications (where these frequencies are used) respectively.
|Very Low Frequency (VLF)||3KHz-30KHz||Ground||Long range radio navigation|
|Low Frequency (LF)||30KHz-300KHz||Ground||Radio Broadcasting and navigational locator|
|Medium Frequency (MF)||300KHz-3MHz||Sky||Radio Broadcasting, AM Radio, Land|
|High Frequency (HF)||3MHz-30MHz||Sky||Citizen band/Aircraft/Ship Communication|
|Very High Frequency (VHF)||30MHz-300MHz||Sky and Line of sight||Amateur Radio, Radio Navigation, VHF T.V. and FM Radio|
|Ultra High Frequency (UHF)||300MHz-3000MHz||Line of sight||VHF T.V., cellular Phone, Paging, Satellite|
|Super High Frequency (SHF)||3GHz-30GHz||Line of sight||Mobile, Radio Navigation, Space and Satellite Communication|
|Extremely High Frequency (EHF)||30GHz-300GHz||Line of sight||Radar, Amateur radio, satellite and space exploration|
- Dynamic Frequency Scaling and Dynamic Voltage Scaling
- Capacitive Touch Technology
- Difference between Serial Port and Parallel Ports
- Difference between Direct and Indirect Addressing Modes
- Sorting larger file with smaller RAM
- Difference between Impact and Non-Impact Printers
- Difference between Asymmetric and Symmetric Multiprocessing
- Difference between Magnetic Disk and Optical Disk
- Difference between Hardware and Software
- Difference between Cold Booting and Warm Booting
- Different Classes of CPU Registers
- Bit manipulation | Swap Endianness of a number
- Hardware Protection and Type of Hardware Protection
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.