Bajaj Finserv Interview Experience for Software Developer | On-Campus
Bajaj Financial Services visited the VIT Vellore campus in the month of August. The profile for the software developer role. There were 4 rounds scheduled for the selection.
Round 1: This round was of 2 hours in which we were given one question to solve which was related to APIs. We were free to choose any language of our choice.
- They gave us the classification on the basis of the language we used in the previous round. I got selected in this round and was given the role in Microservices- Java since I submitted the last question solution using java. Other domains were Data Engineering, Angular, Node JS, Kotlin, Swift, and many others. Around 600 students were selected in this round. This round was of 1 hour and 30 minutes and was of aptitude and 2 coding questions. Both questions were easy but I don’t remember them exactly.
The next round was the Technical round and around 250 students were selected for this round. I was one of them.
- The interviewer was very chill and started asking me about myself. I told him about me and the projects I mentioned in my resume. He asked in-depth details of my projects and how I solved the questions in the coding round. He also asked me how did I get interested in an IT background if I am from an Electronics background. He asked me different methods in API and asked me the difference between put and post methods. Also, he asked me what all I have studied in java and later he asked me about threading. He also asked me some basic SQL questions and asked me if I worked on any database-related project.
- He asked me the definition of overriding and overloading and asked me few more core java questions from collections and OOPs concept. He then asked me if I have a question for him so I asked what is my role if I get selected and what is microservices technology. He was very humble and kind to explain everything. As I mentioned earlier, he was very chill this round went very well.
The next round was supposed to be an HR interview but it was changed to an HR telephonic call. Around 130 students were selected and I was one of them
- This call was just a confirmation call to ask us about the job location which was Pune and if we are okay with the CTC. All the students who cleared the technical interview got selected for the roles they were assigned earlier.
- This was a very good experience for me since the interview process was very clear and well communicated and especially the technical interviewer was very good. As a tip, I would like to say that focus on the basics of Data Structures and algorithms, your favorite programming language, operating system, and DBMS, and have command over what you have written in your resume and you will crack every interview.
All the best and Happy Coding.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!