Bajaj Finserv Interview Experience for Data Engineer
Round 1 (API Round):
The first round was the challenge round where we were asked to upload our name, email, college, and other details by using the open API given by the company. A maximum of 10 chances was given to get a success message.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 2 (Coding round):
After two hours we got the shortlisted students who had successfully submitted their details. This was a coding test conducted on the HackerEarth platform. I had applied for a data engineering role. The test had 10 multiple choice questions and 1 coding question.
- Given a number x raise it to the power of 2, if the resultant number consists of two or more digits find the sum of digits until the sum becomes a single digit.
My approach is given below.
Round 3 (Technical interview):
The third round was a technical round with the panel. The process was very smooth and the interviewer asked me about my projects mentioned in the resume and questions on SQL and python.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Explain the project you mentioned in your resume.
- Pseudocode of https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-program-for-tower-of-hanoi/
- How to reverse a string in python?
- How many joins do you know in SQL? Explain them. (I explained all the joins through the Venn diagram)
- Do you have any questions for me?
The total interview lasted for around 50 mins and the questions were of medium difficulty.
- Be confident while answering and choose the apt projects for the role you are applying for.
- Try to practice unique coding problems with difficulty level medium or higher.
- If you need time to think for an answer ask the interviewer for permission for few seconds and start thinking.
Round 4 (HR Round):
It was a telephonic interview. The interviewer asked me how was the previous round and asked if I had any questions. He explained the work environment and asked if I am willing to relocate, to which I agreed.
I was selected as an intern for the role of Data engineer.