Given a number n, the task is to generate n bit Gray codes (generate bit patterns from 0 to 2^n-1 such that successive patterns differ by one bit)
Input : 2 Output : 0 1 3 2 Explanation : 00 - 0 01 - 1 11 - 3 10 - 2 Input : 3 Output : 0 1 3 2 6 7 5 4
We have discussed an approach in Generate n-bit Gray Codes
This article provides a backtracking approach to the same problem. Idea is that for each bit out of n bit we have a choice either we can ignore it or we can invert the bit so this means our gray sequence goes upto 2 ^ n for n bits. So we make two recursive calls for either inverting the bit or leaving the bit as it is.
0 1 3 2 6 7 5 4
- Generate n-bit Gray Codes | Set 2
- Generate n-bit Gray Codes
- Gray to Binary and Binary to Gray conversion
- Binary to Gray code using recursion
- Decimal Equivalent of Gray Code and its Inverse
- Backtracking | Introduction
- Sudoku | Backtracking-7
- Subset Sum | Backtracking-4
- Rat in a Maze | Backtracking-2
- Backtracking to find all subsets
- Magnet Puzzle | Backtracking-9
- N Queen Problem | Backtracking-3
- Hamiltonian Cycle | Backtracking-6
- m Coloring Problem | Backtracking-5
- Rat in a Maze | Backtracking using Stack
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SHUBHAMSINGH10