Given an array of N integers. The task is to find the average of the numbers after removing k largest elements and k smallest element from the array i.e. calculate the average value of the remaining N – 2K elements.
Input: arr = [1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6], K = 2 Output: 4 Remove 2 smallest elements i.e. 1 and 2 Remove 2 largest elements i.e. 5 and 6 Remaining elements are 4, 4. So average of 4, 4 is 4. Input: arr = [1, 2, 3], K = 3 Output: 0
- If no. of elements to be removed is greater than no. of elements present in the array, then ans = 0.
- Else, Sort all the elements of the array. Then, calculate average of elements from Kth index to n-k-1th index.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find last two remaining elements after removing median of any 3 consecutive elements repeatedly
- Rearrange an array in order - smallest, largest, 2nd smallest, 2nd largest, ..
- Maximize sum of remaining elements after every removal of the array half with greater sum
- Smallest prefix to be deleted such that remaining array can be rearranged to form a sorted array
- K-th smallest element after removing some integers from natural numbers
- K-th smallest element after removing given integers from natural numbers | Set 2
- Last element remaining by deleting two largest elements and replacing by their absolute difference if they are unequal
- Find the last remaining element after repeated removal of odd and even indexed elements alternately
- Find last remaining element after reducing the Array
- Length of smallest subarray to be removed such that the remaining array is sorted
- Find the sum of remaining sticks after each iterations
- Maximize the sum of differences of consecutive elements after removing exactly K elements
- Minimize the sum of differences of consecutive elements after removing exactly K elements
- Maximum distinct elements after removing k elements
- Minimum number of distinct elements after removing m items
- Minimum number of distinct elements after removing M items | Set 2
- Maximum length of Strictly Increasing Sub-array after removing at most one element
- Maximize Bitwise AND of first element with complement of remaining elements for any permutation of given Array
- Minimum number of elements to be removed such that the sum of the remaining elements is equal to k
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to sum of all the remaining elements
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.