Program to compute average in bash.
Input : 1 2 3 4 5 Output : average : 3.0 Input : 1 2 3 4 10 Output : average : 5.0
Program to compute average is simple. It is also called as Mean.
(sum of all elements) / (total no. of elements)
The extension for bash programs end with .sh. Elements are stored in array which are traversed in while loop to calculate the sum. It is recommended to understand Arrays in Shell.
The avg is caculated using bc command. bc command is used for command line calculator.
Programs in bash is executed as follows :
sh program_name.sh OR ./program_name.sh
- Bash shell script to swap two numbers
- Fibonacci Series in Bash
- Simple Calculator in Bash
- Programs for printing different patterns in Bash
- Bash program to find A to the power B
- Useful and time saving bash commands in Linux
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Prime or not
- Bash shell script to find sum of digits
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Palindrome
- Sorting an array in Bash using Bubble sort
- Write a bash script to print a particular line from a file
- Working with Magic numbers in Linux
- agetty command in Linux with Examples
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.