The ASP OpenAsTextStream Method is used to return a TextStream object by opening a specified file. It can be used to perform certain operations on the file.
Parameters: This method has two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- mode: It specifies the mode that a file is opened in. It contains 3 constant values to perform operations on the file.
- ForReading (1): This opens the file for reading. The file cannot be written in this mode.
- ForWriting (2): This opens the file for writing.
- ForAppending (8): This opens the file for appending content to the end.
- format: Optional attribute. It contains three constant values which used to define a format of a file.
- TristateFalse (0): This opens the file as ASCII. This is the default format.
- TristateTrue (1): This opens the file as Unicode.
- TristateUseDefault (2): This opens the file using the system default.
Example: The below code demonstrates the ASP File.OpenAsTextStream Method.
This is a GeeksforGeeks example