AsgardCMS is made for developers. It is a full-featured, multilingual modular CMS developed on top of the Laravel framework. The built-in quick-development tools allow the developer to avoid spending their time on design and concentrate on functionality.
It has the following characteristics:
- Completely Responsive: It has Bootstrap, which is fully responsive, which is the basis for the default themes present in AsgardCMS. The user can browse the web on any device conveniently as the application created by AsgardCms is fully responsive.
- PHP 7.0: AsgardCms is based on PHP 7.0 with modern standards for coding. On PHP 7, AsgardCms runs well. AsgardCms’ official website also runs on PHP 7 and is a site operated by AsgardCms.
- Launch Ready: Because of the rapid application development setup offered by the platform, any developer can launch their website in days and not months.
- Multilingual: With support for a wide array of languages, AsgardCMS is entirely multilingual. Through the CMS GUI, any developer can readily handle languages.
- Modular: AsgardCMS is modular in its entirety. Each part of the CMS is a separate module that is decoupled for example Page module, media module, menu module, and so on. which have some functionalities in them.
Installation of AsgardCMS: For the installation and use of the application, the following requirements need to be met. The user should have these requirements installed on their devices.PHP 7.1 or higher, PDO PHP Extension, cURL PHP Extension, OpenSSL, PHP Extension, Mbstring PHP Extension, Tokenizer PHP Extension, Mcrypt PHP Extension, GD PHP Library, MySql 5.5, One of the following cache drivers: Memcached, Redis, APC. (defaults to an array). One can get all these requirements by installing XAMPP and PHP 7.1 or higher.
To install XAMPP, refer this article on GFG.
Once the developer has these requirements in their devices they can try the next step that is the installation of the AsgardCMS.
The process of creation of a project involves the following steps:
- Creating the project through composer: For this, the developer needs to have composer installed on their devices. If you haven’t installed the composer yet you can install it from the official website.
Refer to the “https://getcomposer.org/ official website.
Once the composer is installed the next step is to install AsgardCMS after giving the command via composer. Write the following command in the command line after opening the htdocs folder in the XAMPP folder.
composer create-project asgardcms/platform your-project-name.
Once this command is given all the dependencies required are installed. The below images will show how exactly the installation will happen.
- Create a database: Create the database in the way you prefer. I have created a new database using the PHPMyadmin tool using the XAMPP server. Just remember the database name created as it will be used in the next step.
- Run the install command: Now the final step to complete the installation process is to run the installation command after the creation of the database.
The command to is as follows.
php artisan asgard:install
This command will set up all the database information, create the admin page, help to run migrations and seeds in the project. Below is the attached snapshot to understand what will happen once you write this command in the command line.
Now the project is ready to use and you can open the project in any editor of your choice.