Artificial Intelligence has dramatically improved our world in many ways, but there are concerns regarding its impact on employment and the workforce. There are predictions which tell us about millions of people getting unemployed in the next decade due to automation and neural networks. There has significant transformation in business, education, market and government sector due to AI.
Sectors where AI can replace humans
- Transportation: With enhanced automation and machine learning we are able to design and create vehicles that are capable of sensing environment and move safely with no or little human input. These vehicles are self-driven and do not require any human driver for its movement. With the growth in these automated vehicles the demand for professionals like car drivers, sailors and pilot would rapidly dropdown.
- Electronic Commerce: Electronic-Commerce will undergo massive transformation due to AI. With robots navigating the space to collect products and execute customer orders; to be sent or even delivered to customers, also automatically with autonomous drones and cars. Thus reducing the demand for salespersons and network stores.
- Healthcare: Before AI didn’t exist patients required a nurse to monitor patients health at regular intervals and notify the doctor regarding patients health. But now with the help of AI-enabled devices attached to patients body so that doctors can monitor patients health at regular intervals and thus enabling him to take necessary decisions regarding patient’s health. Thus there would be no need for a nurse to monitor patients health at regular intervals.
- Teaching: A virtual assistant is a software agent can perform the task for task-based human verbal commands. Now a days virtual assistants are being designed in such a way that they can teach students like human teacher. Thus students can study online with the help of virtual assistant at an affordable price and soon the need for teachers and professors would drop down.
Areas where AI is replacing human work
- Couriers: Courier and delivery people are already being replaced by drones and robots within few years automation would dominate this field. It is expected this space would grow by 5% in 2024.
- Information Technology: It is expected that automation would increase by 12% in 2024. Previously for testing any software code we needed a human for it. But now there is no need for any human tester as automated testing is performed. Thus reducing the need for IT professional’s in industry.
- Real Estate: Real estate plays a significant role in buying and selling of the home. In this age of information, everything is possible on our fingertips. Online services like magic bricks and 99 acres help customers to search for their properties. Thus a tech-savvy seller would easily be able to reach customers without any need of agent.
In the long run, we would witness certain jobs that are less relevant and finally obsolete. Though artificial intelligence has numerous benefits if implemented in day to day life by making work easier and faster. But it is also becoming a cause for unemployment. So the biggest challenge would be to implement it in such a way that it doesn’t enhance unemployment.
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- Turing Test in Artificial Intelligence
- Chinese Room Argument in Artificial Intelligence
- Top 5 best Programming Languages for Artificial Intelligence field
- Introduction to Hill Climbing | Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Artificial Neutral Networks | Set 1
- Introduction to Artificial Neural Network | Set 2
- Agents in Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Impacts of Artificial Intelligence in everyday life
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Significance Of Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security
- Learning to learn Artificial Intelligence | An overview of Meta-Learning
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.