public boolean contains(Object) object-element to be searched for
object- element whose presence in this list is to be tested
It returns true if the specified element is found in the list else it returns false.
Code#1: Demonstrate the working of the method contains() in integer
The list contains 2 The list does not contains 5
Code#2: Demonstrate the working of the method contains() in string
The list contains geeks The list does not contains coding
In search operations, we can check if a given element exists in a list or not.
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java Deprecated API Scanner tool (jdepscan) in Java 9 with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.DoublePredicate interface in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.