A Binary Heap is a Complete Binary Tree. A binary heap is typically represented as array. The representation is done as:
- The root element will be at Arr.
- Below table shows indexes of other nodes for the ith node, i.e., Arr[i]:
Arr[(i-1)/2] Returns the parent node Arr[(2*i)+1] Returns the left child node Arr[(2*i)+2] Returns the right child node
- Difference between Binary Heap, Binomial Heap and Fibonacci Heap
- Convert min Heap to max Heap
- Heap Sort for decreasing order using min heap
- Difference between Min Heap and Max Heap
- Memory representation of Binomial Heap
- How to check if a given array represents a Binary Heap?
- Tournament Tree (Winner Tree) and Binary Heap
- Why is Binary Heap Preferred over BST for Priority Queue?
- Check if a given Binary Tree is Heap
- Binary Heap
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Leaf starting point in a Binary Heap data structure
- Height of a complete binary tree (or Heap) with N nodes
- Complexity analysis of various operations of Binary Min Heap
- Print all the leaf nodes of Binary Heap
- Priority Queue using Binary Heap
- Overview of Data Structures | Set 2 (Binary Tree, BST, Heap and Hash)
- Building Heap from Array
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Applications of Heap Data Structure
The traversal method use to achieve Array representation is Level Order
Binary Heap satisfies the Ordering Property.
The Ordering can be of two types:
1. Min Heap Property: The value of each node is greater than or equal to the value of its parent, with the minimum value at the root.
2. Max Heap Property: The value of each node is less than or
equal to the value of its parent, with the maximum value at the root.
For the implementation of the basic heap operations follow the link :http://quiz.geeksforgeeks.org/binary-heap/
This article is contributed by Saksham Raj Seth. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
Improved By : dpkg