Array class in C++
The introduction of array class from C++11 has offered a better alternative for C-style arrays. The advantages of array class over C-style array are :-
- Array classes knows its own size, whereas C-style arrays lack this property. So when passing to functions, we don’t need to pass size of Array as a separate parameter.
- With C-style array there is more risk of array being decayed into a pointer. Array classes don’t decay into pointers
- Array classes are generally more efficient, light-weight and reliable than C-style arrays.
Operations on array :-
1. at() :- This function is used to access the elements of array.
2. get() :- This function is also used to access the elements of array. This function is not the member of array class but overloaded function from class tuple.
3. operator :- This is similar to C-style arrays. This method is also used to access array elements.
The array elements are (using at()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elements are (using get()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elements are (using operator) : 1 2 3 4 5 6
4. front() :- This returns the first element of array.
5. back() :- This returns the last element of array.
First element of array is : 1 Last element of array is : 6
6. size() :- It returns the number of elements in array. This is a property that C-style arrays lack.
7. max_size() :- It returns the maximum number of elements array can hold i.e, the size with which array is declared. The size() and max_size() return the same value.
The number of array elements is : 6 Maximum elements array can hold is : 6
8. swap() :- The swap() swaps all elements of one array with other.
The first array elements before swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The second array elements before swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The first array elements after swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The second array elements after swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6
9. empty() :- This function returns true when the array size is zero else returns false.
10. fill() :- This function is used to fill the entire array with a particular value.
Array empty Array after filling operation is : 0 0 0 0 0 0
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.