The introduction of array class from C++11 has offered a better alternative for C-style arrays. The advantages of array class over C-style array are :-
- Array classes knows its own size, whereas C-style arrays lack this property. So when passing to functions, we don’t need to pass size of Array as a separate parameter.
- With C-style array there is more risk of array being decayed into a pointer. Array classes don’t decay into pointers
- Array classes are generally more efficient, light-weight and reliable than C-style arrays.
Operations on array :-
1. at() :- This function is used to access the elements of array.
2. get() :- This function is also used to access the elements of array. This function is not the member of array class but overloaded function from class tuple.
3. operator :- This is similar to C-style arrays. This method is also used to access array elements.
The array elemets are (using at()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elemets are (using get()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elements are (using operator) : 1 2 3 4 5 6
4. front() :- This returns the first element of array.
5. back() :- This returns the last element of array.
First element of array is : 1 Last element of array is : 6
6. size() :- It returns the number of elements in array. This is a property that C-style arrays lack.
7. max_size() :- It returns the maximum number of elements array can hold i.e, the size with which array is declared. The size() and max_size() return the same value.
The number of array elements is : 6 Maximum elements array can hold is : 6
8. swap() :- The swap() swaps all elements of one array with other.
The first array elements before swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The second array elements before swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The first array elements after swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The second array elements after swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6
9. empty() :- This function returns true when the array size is zero else returns false.
10. fill() :- This function is used to fill the entire array with a particular value.
Array empty Array after filling operation is : 0 0 0 0 0 0
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- How to create a dynamic 2D array inside a class in C++ ?
- How to implement our own Dynamic Array class in Java?
- Difference between Base class and Derived class in C++
- How to convert a class to another class type in C++?
- Find original array from encrypted array (An array of sums of other elements)
- Find an element in array such that sum of left array is equal to sum of right array
- std::any Class in C++
- std:: valarray class in C++
- std::hash class in C++ STL
- std::string class in C++
- Structure vs class in C++
- C++ String Class and its Applications | Set 2
- std::is_trivially_copy_assignable class in C++ with Examples
- C++ string class and its applications
- Can a C++ class have an object of self type?
- Why is the size of an empty class not zero in C++?
- Simulating final class in C++
- Friend class and function in C++
- What all is inherited from parent class in C++?
Improved By : siddharthx_07