Arista Networks Internship (On campus)
Arista Networks visited our campus for internships
The first round consisted of 3 online coding questions. Hackerrank was used as the platform.
1. The maximum sum of an N-ary tree
2. Inserting and searching in a Trie (easy if you know Trie)
3. Sorting linked list each of elements which is connected to another linked list that must also be sorted.
The coding questions were of moderate difficulty.
Those who solved 2 or more were selected to the next round.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
It was a telephonic interview. Questions were mostly from DSA.
Began by telling me to introduce myself.
1. Asked me to explain my algorithm for maximum sum of N-ary tree from the first round.
2. Print evenly repeating characters in a string in O(n).
2. Output of a C program. (dynamic scope)
3. Size of a struct in C (padding)
4. Suggest a data structure for each of the following real life situations
i. A vehicle registration system. If we give registration number of a vehicle as input, owner name, registration date, vehicle type should be output.
ii. For vehicle type as input, details of all vehicles of that type should be output.
iii. If we give two dates as input, details of all vehicles registered between those dates should be output.
She wanted to know the time and space complexity of all my solutions.
5. Questions on memory layout of C (where are pointers, automatic variables stored ? etc)
Finally, she asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked a few questions.
After two rounds two people were selected for internship.
Study DSA and time, space complexities.
Be confident and clear in your answers. If you are having a telephonic interview, make sure the interviewer can clearly hear you (hold the microphone closer to your mouth 🙂 ).