Given a straight line with equation coefficients as a, b & c(ax + by + c = 0), the task is to find the area of the triangle formed by the axes of co-ordinates and this straight line.
Input: a = -2, b = 4, c = 3 Output: 0.5625 Input: a = 4, b = 3, c = 12 Output: 6
- Let PQ be the straight line having AB, the line segment between the axes.
The equation is,
ax + by + c = 0
- so, in intercept form it can be expressed as,
x/(-c/a) + y/(-c/b) = 1
- So, the x-intercept = -c/a
the y-intercept = -c/b
- So, it is very clear now the base of the triangle AOB will be -c/a
and the base of the triangle AOB will be -c/b
- So, area of the triangle
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Check if a right-angled triangle can be formed by moving any one of the coordinates
- Equation of straight line passing through a given point which bisects it into two equal line segments
- Represent a given set of points by the best possible straight line
- Length of the normal from origin on a straight line whose intercepts are given
- Program to find the Type of Triangle from the given Coordinates
- Find coordinates of the triangle given midpoint of each side
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Maximum number of line intersections formed through intersection of N planes
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Area of Incircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Program to find area of a triangle
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Area of a triangle inside a parallelogram
- Check if a triangle of positive area is possible with the given angles
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.