Given two integers N and M that represent the length and breadth of a rectangular plot and another integer K that represent the number of persons. Each person will divide the plot into two parts such that it will be the largest possible square from the plot and will leave the second part for others, it continues until the plot is over or every person gets the plot. Now, The task is to determine the area of the plot left in the end.
Input: N = 5, M = 3, K = 2
1st person divides the 5×3 plot into 2 parts i.e 3×3 and 2×3
and will get the plot having dimension 3×3. The other person divides the 2×3 plot again into
two parts i.e 2×2 and 1×2 and will get the plot having dimension 2×2. Now, the remaining
part of plot is having dimension 1×2 and area as 2 units.
Input: N = 4, M = 8, K = 4
- If Length is greater than breadth then subtract breadth from length.
- If breadth is greater than length then subtract length from breadth.
- Repeat the above steps for all the persons while there area of the reamaining plot is greater than 0.
- Print the area of the remaining plot in the end i.e. length * breadth.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
# Python3 implementation of the approach
# Function to return the area
# of the remaining plot
def remainingArea(N, M, K):
# Continue while plot has positive area
# and there are persons left
while (K > 0 and N > 0 and M > 0):
# If length > breadth
# then subtract breadth from length
if (N > M):
N = N – M;
# Else subtract length from breadth
M = M – N;
K = K – 1;
if (N > 0 and M > 0):
return N * M;
# Driver code
N = 5;
M = 3;
K = 2;
print(remainingArea(N, M, K));
# This code contributed by Rajput-Ji
- Element equal to the sum of all the remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to sum of all the remaining elements
- Delete odd and even numbers at alternate step such that sum of remaining elements is minimized
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to product of remaining elements
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Minimum number of points to be removed to get remaining points on one side of axis
- Area of a Hexagon
- Area of a Regular Pentagram
- Program for Area Of Square
- Area of a Circular Sector
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Maximum area of quadrilateral
- Program to find the area of a Square
- Program to find the Area of an Ellipse
- Area of a triangle inside a parallelogram
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.