Given a rectangle of length and breadth . The task is to find the area of the biggest triangle that can be inscribed in it.
Input: L = 5, B = 4 Output: 10 Input: L = 3, B = 2 Output: 3
From the figure, it is clear that the largest triangle that can be inscribed in the rectangle, should stand on the same base & has height raising between the same parallel sides of the rectangle.
So, the base of the triangle = B
Height of the triangle = L
A = (L*B)/2
Note: It should also be clear that if base of the triangle = diagonal of rectangle, still the area of triangle so obtained = lb/2 as diagonal of a rectangle divides it into 2 triangles of equal area.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Area of a triangle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in an ellipse
- Maximum area of rectangle inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Area of Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an Ellipse
- Area of the Largest Triangle inscribed in a Hexagon
- Area of a circle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest ellipse that can be inscribed within a rectangle which in turn is inscribed within a semicircle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Largest square that can be inscribed within a hexagon which is inscribed within an equilateral triangle
- Area of the biggest ellipse inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Area of Equilateral triangle inscribed in a Circle of radius R
- Largest triangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.