A circular sector or circle sector is the portion of a disk enclosed by two radii and an arc, where the smaller area is known as the minor sector and the larger being the major sector. Let’s look at this figure and try to figure out the sector:
In this figure the green shaded part is a sector, “r” is the Radius and “theta” is the angle as shown. Here, we can say that the shaded portion is the minor sector and the other portion is the major sector. “L” is the Arc of the Sector. For more, visit Sector.
Now let’s see the formula using which the sector of a circle can be calculated.
The area of the sector is similar to the calculation of the area of the circle, just multiply the area of the circle with the angle of the sector.
Input: radius = 9 angle = 60 Explanation: Sector = ( pi * 9*9 ) * ( 60 / 360 ) Output: 42.42857142857142 Input: radius = 20 angle = 145 Explanation: Sector = ( pi * 20*20 ) * ( 145 / 360 ) Output: 506.3492063492063
Reference: Wikipedia (Circular Sector)
This article is contributed by Chinmoy Lenka. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check whether a point exists in circle sector or not.
- Program to find area of a Circular Segment
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Largest right circular cone that can be inscribed within a sphere
- Largest cube that can be inscribed within a right circular cone
- Largest cube that can be inscribed within a right circular cylinder
- Longest rod that can be inserted within a right circular cylinder
- Volume of largest right circular cylinder within a Sphere
- Volume of biggest sphere within a right circular cylinder
- Largest right circular cylinder that can be inscribed within a cone
- Largest right circular cylinder within a frustum
- Largest right circular cylinder within a cube
- Largest right circular cylinder that can be inscribed within a cone which is in turn inscribed within a cube
- Largest right circular cone that can be inscribed within a sphere which is inscribed within a cube
- Largest sphere that can be inscribed in a right circular cylinder inscribed in a frustum
- Largest sphere that can be inscribed within a cube which is in turn inscribed within a right circular cone
- Minimum number of Circular obstacles required to obstruct the path in a Grid
- Area of a polygon with given n ordered vertices
- Find all sides of a right angled triangle from given hypotenuse and area | Set 1
Improved By : vt_m