Given a semicircle with radius R, which inscribes a rectangle of length L and breadth B, which in turn inscribes a circle of radius r. The task is to find the area of the circle with radius r.
Input : R = 2 Output : 1.57 Input : R = 5 Output : 9.8125
We know the biggest rectangle that can be inscribed within the semicircle has, length, l=√2R/2 &
breadth, b=R/√2(Please refer)
Also, the biggest circle that can be inscribed within the rectangle has radius, r=b/2=R/2√2(Please refer)
So area of the circle, A=π*r^2=π(R/2√2)^2
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Largest ellipse that can be inscribed within a rectangle which in turn is inscribed within a semicircle
- Area of largest Circle that can be inscribed in a SemiCircle
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of a triangle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in an ellipse
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in a hexagon
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Area of the circle that has a square and a circle inscribed in it
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Maximum area of a Rectangle that can be circumscribed about a given Rectangle of size LxW
- Largest triangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest square that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest trapezoid that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscirbed within a square inscribed in a semicircle
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an Ellipse
- Area of largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of the biggest ellipse inscribed within a rectangle
- Maximum area of rectangle inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Program to find the Area and Perimeter of a Semicircle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.