Given a semicircle with radius R, which inscribes a rectangle of length L and breadth B, which in turn inscribes a circle of radius r. The task is to find the area of the circle with radius r.
Input : R = 2 Output : 1.57 Input : R = 5 Output : 9.8125
We know the biggest rectangle that can be inscribed within the semicircle has, length, l=√2R/2 &
breadth, b=R/√2(Please refer)
Also, the biggest circle that can be inscribed within the rectangle has radius, r=b/2=R/2√2(Please refer)
So area of the circle, A=π*r^2=π(R/2√2)^2
- Largest ellipse that can be inscribed within a rectangle which in turn is inscribed within a semicircle
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of a triangle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in an ellipse
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in a hexagon
- Ratio of area of a rectangle with the rectangle inscribed in it
- Area of Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an Ellipse
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of the biggest ellipse inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of decagon inscribed within the circle
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Area of a circle inscribed in a regular hexagon
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.