Given the side of a square then find the area of a Circumscribed circle around it.
Input : a = 6 Output : Area of a circumscribed circle is : 56.55 Input : a = 4 Output : Area of a circumscribed circle is : 25.13
All four sides of a square are of equal length and all four angles are 90 degree. The circle is circumscribed on a given square shown by a shaded region in the below diagram.
Properties of Circumscribed circle are as follows:
- The center of the circumcircle is the point where the two diagonals of a square meet.
- Circumscribed circle of a square is made through the four vertices of a square.
- The radius of a circumcircle of a square is equal to the radius of a square.
Formula used to calculate the area of inscribed circle is:
(PI * a * a)/2
where, a is the side of a square in which a circle is circumscribed.
How does this formula work?
We know area of circle = PI*r*r.
We also know radius of circle = (square diagonal)/2
Length of diagonal = ?(2*a*a)
Radius = ?(2*a*a)/2 = ?((a*a)/2)
Area = PI*r*r = (PI*a*a)/2
Area of an circumscribed circle is : 56.55
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Area of square Circumscribed by Circle
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Area of the circle that has a square and a circle inscribed in it
- Side of a regular n-sided polygon circumscribed in a circle
- Maximum area of a Rectangle that can be circumscribed about a given Rectangle of size LxW
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Program to calculate area of an Circle inscribed in a Square
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Minimum volume of cone that can be circumscribed about a sphere of radius R
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Program to find area of a circle
- Given equation of a circle as string, find area
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Area of a circle inscribed in a regular hexagon
- Area of circle which is inscribed in equilateral triangle
- Area of decagon inscribed within the circle
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
- Area of largest Circle inscribe in N-sided Regular polygon
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.