Arcesium Senior SE Interview Experience
Hacker Rank Test
1. Stock value decreases value by 1 or multiplied by 2 end of every day. Given Stock of price x. How many days does it take to become y .
2. Given Array of integers, maximum segment length such that product is positive.
3.One ore question of similar difficulty.
- Quick Introduction.
- What is the database used in current company?
- When should we use no sql over sql.
- in terms of performance how can no sql perform better.
- What is costlier – read or write to db.
- Explain index.
- Difference between sleep() and wait().
- Difference between synchronized and lock interface.
- What java version do we use and if we use any of the java 8 features in the code.
You can only spend n hours in library . You have list of books and amount of time to read it. But you can only read in the given order . For example you have n=12 hrs and time to read books is 5, 2, 1, 3, 9, 5, 1, 3 Ans: 4 [5, 2, 1, 3, ] .
For n=12 and time – 5, 2, 1, 3, 9, 5, 1, 3, 2, 1, 4 Ans: 5 [1, 3, 2, 1, 4]
We agreed that we could solve it using sliding window approach.
Quick discussion about AVL and red black trees
- Mutable Classes
- Locking classes and objects
- Low level design for BookMyShow
- Why would you choose SQL over no sql
- ACID properties
Each round is properly time boxed and lasted around 40-60 mins. Rounds 2-4 happened on same day . Recruiters planned them really well, no waiting time and quick feedback for next rounds.