Arcesium Interview Experience for Software Engineer Internship
The process consisted of a mass shortlisting with CGPA criteria of +8.5, followed by a coding test consisting of 2 coding questions, logical and aptitude MCQs, DS, OOPS in Java and OS. The MCQs were marked +5, -3.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Question 2: typical subarray question using maps, analogous question – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-sub-arrays-sum-divisible-k/ Practice link
15 students were shortlisted after this round.
3 technical rounds were conducted and an HR round.
Technical Round 1:
Normalizations in DBMS – 1NF,2NF,3NF,4NF,5NF – examples with definitions
Difference between joins and nested queries in practical world
Queries in SQL – one simple and one nested query
Subset Sum – 0/1 knapsack problem – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/subset-sum-problem-dp-25/ Practice link
Technincal Round 2 :
- Introduce yourself
- Queue using 2 stacks – they asked every possible approach and detailed dry run – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/queue-using-stacks/ Practice link
- Compile time vs Run time polymorphism with examples
- Design banking system using OOPS,system design question, discussed loopholes for half an hour
- Interfaces, Inheritance in OOPS
- Virtual functions
- Pure Virtual functions
- Virtual Base Class
Technical Round 3:
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-number-of-islands/ Practice link
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/zig-zag-level-order-traversal-of-a-tree-using-single-array/ Problem link
- Both these codes were asked in depth, i was asked to code, compile and execute along with a detailed dry run.
- Virtual Pointers
- Smart, Auto, Weak Pointers
- Class vs Structure
- C vs C++
- Puzzle :https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-find-cat/#:~:text=A%20cat%20is%20hiding%20in,the%20cat%20is%20in%20there.
4 students were shortlisted for HR round
HR asked how was my day, made me comfortable.
- Introduce yourself
- Name of CEO
- Every non tech thing mentioned in my resume were seriously questioned, eg – top 2 skills learnt from this, name of novels you have read and lessons learnt
- Explain one of your academic project
- why you?
- your top 2 qualities?
- any questions for HR? definitely ask one
Only one student was selected.
Be confident, do explain your approach, keep communicating.
Know each and every word of your resume.