Appviewx Interview Experience for Software Development Engineer | On-Campus 2021
The online test is conducted for the R and D role.
Criteria: CGPA cutoff is 7.0 and no backlogs, from my campus around 500+ students applied it is open for BTech CSE, ECE, EIE, EEE, and M.Tech related branches
Round 1: Online Test
This test consists of 10 aptitude fill-up blanks and two network MCQs and three coding questions of easy to medium level. I was able to do 3 coding questions completely and got selected for the next round.54 people were shortlisted after this round.
Round 2: Technical Interview 1
Time: 1 hour
This round started with questions on projects mentioned on the resume. After that interviewer asked two coding questions
- Given a sentence containing many words you have to reverse all the alphanumeric characters in each and every word of the sentence.
Input: "my ^&na$me@#$ is123 Mike" Output: "ym ^&an$em@#$ 321si ekiM"
The interviewer showed different code snippets and asked about the time complexities of those code snippets. He asked about TCP/IP protocol suite and OSI layers. He asked many computer network questions some of them are given below:
- What is CSMA/CD protocol?
- What is ARP protocol?
- What happens when you enter facebook.com in the web browser?
- Explain the use of routers and switches in networks?
- He asked about the normal forms(1nf,2nf,3nf) in DBMS.
Nearly 40 people were shortlisted after this round. I was able to answer almost all questions and went to the next round.
Round 3: Technical Interview 2
Time: 30 minutes
- This round too started with questions on projects mentioned on the resume. After that, the interview asked some technical questions on java, DBMS, ml some of them are given below:
- What was the use of Machine learning in daily life?
- What do you learn in computer science in these 3 years of engineering?
- What is JDK, JRE, JVM?
- What are the features of java?
- What are libraries present in java and their uses?
- In situations, we use Machine Learning?
- What was the use of permutation and combination in real-time?
- He asked a puzzle if the time is 5:15 then find the angle between the hour and minute hand.
Nearly 35 people were shortlisted after this round. I got shortlisted for the next round.
Round 4: Managerial Round
Time: 20 minutes
Many questions are asked in this round. some of them are given below:
- What is Abstraction?
- What is encapsulation?
- What is inheritance?
- What is polymorphism and types of it?
- What is normalization in DBMS?
- What is 1nf,2nf,3nf?
- What is the difference between java swing and java AWT?
- What is the difference between a low-weight component and a heavyweight component?
- What are the levels of data abstraction?
- What is the difference between single LinkedList and circular LinkedList?
- What is the difference between array and LinkedList and
- Which data structure will you prefer to store large amounts of data?
Nearly 22 were shortlisted for the next round. I was one of them.
Round 5: Hr Round
The interviewer was very friendly and she asked the following questions:
- Why do you want to join Appviewx?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your hobbies?
- She explained about the internship after getting hired.
After these results are declared 15 people are selected for the R and D role and 7 people are selected for the Software Development Engineer role.
Verdict: Selected for Software Development Engineer role.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!