AppViewX Interview Experience for R&D Engineer | On-Campus 2021
Criteria: CGPA cutoff is 7.0 and no backlogs, from my campus around 500+ students applied it is open for BTech CSE, ECE, EIE, EEE, and M.Tech related branches
Round 1(Online Test): Eligible students had a test on TalentRank(1 hour 30 mins). The test consists of 12 MCQ questions(no negative marking) and 3 coding questions(easy-medium).
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
MCQ – Based on networks(2 ques), aptitude(10 ques) they are almost easy if you practiced before
- Pattern printing
- Is Bananagram possible or not from the given list of strings
- Some easy string questions related to qwerty(I didn’t remember the question exactly)
I was able to answer most of the questions correctly and was selected for the 2nd round which was a technical round along with 51 others.
Round 2(Technical Round 1 – 50 mins approx): This round was mainly focused on coding abilities and networks. The Interviewer was very friendly and helpful I must say, So in this round also there were 2 coding problems and then project-related questions, and then he proceeded towards the Subjects OOPS, Networks
She asked me to share the screen, the questions follow as:
- What will happen when we click on place order in amazon? As this is a networks company I explained about DNS and Routing all things but she also expected about triggering API and fetching as JSON etc
- Given IP address any IP address(IPV4 or IPV6) she asked me to write code to check valid IP or not(I was not able to do some corner cases but she was okay with it). After she asked me about how we will convert IP address from IPV4 to IPV6
- Median of 2 sorted arrays: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/median-of-two-sorted-arrays-of-different-sizes/
- All other questions are related to resume related questions
She asked me about family and other personal questions, After this round around 25 people are selected for the next round
Round 3(Technical Round 2 – 1 Hr 15 Mins): This round was mainly focused on my In-depth knowledge of core subjects and coding knowledge, The interviewer was Interactive and friendly and helping me, He listened to every word I spoke out from my mouth and then the interview started with my introduction,
The questions are as follows:
- The first one was a puzzle. The question was almost the same as the below one, but speeds are different for each ant: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-21-3-ants-and-triangle/
- Find Missing elements in an array, He gave me time until I gave him XOR solution, and then he asked how can you explain this to a 5-year-old kid: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-missing-number/
- As I said I am good at flutter development, He asked I will approach designing something like a Phone-pay main screen
- Differences of ‘git fetch’ and ‘get pull’ command?
- Why paging, the difference between segmentation and paging, and what is fragmentation?
- Pillars of OOPs with real-time examples
- How will you implement friend suggestions in Instagram(Graph BFS) and How will you implement infinite feed in Instagram(Linked list)
I was able to answer all questions and went to the next round
Round 4(Managerial Round – 25 mins): In all the rounds interviewers are so nice like they can’t be nicer so cool. They always wanted to see your best in the interview so they are really friendly, I thought this round will be non-tech questions but to my surprise, he asked me some tech questions too. I was a bit nervous in this round but he said don’t worry cool down and drink water
The questions are as follows
- Why do you do normalization? What is 3NF?
- TIme complexities of sorting algos
- What is a trie data structure and asked me to give a real-life example(I gave dictionary)
- What is API? Did you read some of the design patterns?
- What is your passion?
- What do you know about AppViewX?
- How do you think you are successful?
This went well, He suggested some of the courses learn before joining AppViewX like CCNA and CCSA
Round 5(HR Round – 15 mins): she was very nicer and cool, As usual, started with Intro and went with some formal questions
- How are you confident that you are fit for this role?
- Asked about family
- Are you a good team player?
- 2 things I learned about my projects
- What kind of person you are?
She explained about AppViewX culture and there will be a typical day will be in AppViewX
In the end, around 15 people were offered for R&D role
- Always make a smiling face
- If you don’t know the answer don’t panic, ask for a hint but don’t bluff
- Be calm and listen to the interviewer question clearly, don’t frame your own question by listening to half question in your brain
- While you are thinking some coding question, murmur something so he will understand in which way you are thinking
That is all my interview experience, All the best.