Applying Borders and Shades in MS Word
Borders and shading are used in Word Documents when we want some text/paragraph to grab the attention of the viewers, making it the First Impression. In MS Word we can apply the Borders and Shading to the written text, paragraph, etc. to make them look good and appealing like they pop out of the page.
The border as the name suggests provides an outer/inner lining on the selected text/paragraph. A Border is a good alternative to the Fonts Styles such as Bold, Italics, and Underline and grabs much attention quickly without hardcore techniques.
Attention reader! All those who say programming isn't for kids, just haven't met the right mentors yet. Join the Demo Class for First Step to Coding Course, specifically designed for students of class 8 to 12.
The students will get to learn more about the world of programming in these free classes which will definitely help them in making a wise career choice in the future.
In MS Word there are multiple types of borders which are as follows:
- Bottom Border– Border at the bottom of the Paragraph.
- Top Border– Border at the top of the Paragraph.
- Left Border– Border on the left side of the Paragraph.
- Right Border– Border on the right side of the Paragraph.
- No Border– Removes all the borders.
- All Borders– Border on all sides of the Paragraph.
- Outside Borders– Border outside the Paragraph.
- Inside Borders– Border inside the Paragraph.
- Inside Horizontal Border– Horizontal borders on both sides inside the Paragraph.
- Inside Vertical Border– Vertical borders on both sides inside the Paragraph.
Steps to Apply:
Step 1: Select the text/Paragraph to apply Border.
Step 2: Now, go to the Borders tab in the Paragraph menu under the Home bar.
Step 3: Select the border of your choice.
Another way of grabbing the attention of the viewers more likely is by using the Shading feature in the Word Document. It is similar to highlighting the text/Paragraph.
In MS Word there are multiple colors available in the Shading tab, which you can apply to your text or paragraph like: red, blue, black, etc.
Steps to Apply:
Step 1: Select the text to apply the Shading.
Step 2: Now, go to the Shading tab in the Paragraph menu under the Home bar.
Step 3: Select the Shading Color of your choice.
However, we can apply both at the same time (Border and Shading), thus making our paragraph more appealing.