Computer graphics deals with creation, manipulation and storage of different type of images and objects.
Some of the applications of computer graphics are:
- Computer Art:
Using computer graphics we can create fine and commercial art which include animation packages, paint packages. These packages provide facilities for designing object shapes and specifying object motion.Cartoon drawing, paintings, logo design can also be done.
- Computer Aided Drawing:
Designing of buildings, automobile, aircraft is done with the help of computer aided drawing, this helps in providing minute details to the drawing and producing more accurate and sharp drawings with better specifications.
- Presentation Graphics:
For the preparation of reports or summarising the financial, statistical, mathematical, scientific, economic data for research reports, managerial reports, moreover creation of bar graphs, pie charts, time chart, can be done using the tools present in computer graphics.
Computer graphics finds a major part of its utility in the movie industry and game industry. Used for creating motion pictures , music video, television shows, cartoon animation films. In the game industry where focus and interactivity are the key players, computer graphics helps in providing such features in the efficient way.
Computer generated models are extremely useful for teaching huge number of concepts and fundamentals in an easy to understand and learn manner. Using computer graphics many educational models can be created through which more interest can be generated among the students regarding the subject.
Specialised system for training like simulators can be used for training the candidates in a way that can be grasped in a short span of time with better understanding. Creation of training modules using computer graphics is simple and very useful.
Today the need of visualise things have increased drastically, the need of visualisation can be seen in many advance technologies , data visualisation helps in finding insights of the data , to check and study the behaviour of processes around us we need appropriate visualisation which can be achieved through proper usage of computer graphics
- Image Processing:
Various kinds of photographs or images require editing in order to be used in different places. Processing of existing images into refined ones for better interpretation is one of the many applications of computer graphics.
- Machine Drawing:
Computer graphics is very frequently used for designing, modifying and creation of various parts of machine and the whole machine itself, the main reason behind using computer graphics for this purpose is the precision and clarity we get from such drawing is ultimate and extremely desired for the safe manufacturing of machine using these drawings.
- Graphical User Interface:
The use of pictures, images, icons, pop-up menus, graphical objects helps in creating a user friendly environment where working is easy and pleasant, using computer graphics we can create such an atmosphere where everything can be automated and anyone can get the desired action performed in an easy fashion.
These are some of the applications of computer graphics due to which it’s popularity has increased to a huge extend and will keep on increasing with the progress in technology.
- DDA Line generation Algorithm in Computer Graphics
- Point Clipping Algorithm in Computer Graphics
- 2D Transformation in Computer Graphics | Set 1 (Scaling of Objects)
- Translation of objects in computer graphics
- Segments in Computer Graphics
- Computer Graphics | Cathode ray tube (video display device)
- Computer Graphics | Antialiasing
- Draw a moving car using computer graphics programming in C
- Computer Graphics | The RGB color model
- Refresh type output devices in Computer Graphics
- Window to Viewport Transformation in Computer Graphics with Implementation
- Display Processor in Computer Graphics
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Difference between Parallel and Perspective Projection in Computer Graphics
- Interactive Graphical Techniques in Computer Graphics
- Painter's Algorithm in Computer Graphics
- Methods for Text Clipping in Computer Graphics
- Interpolation Methods in Computer Graphics
- Creating a Rainbow using Graphics Programming in C
- How to add "graphics.h" C/C++ library to gcc compiler in Linux
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.