With the large number of small size gadgets also as advancement in remote communication, the ad hoc networking is picking up exertion with the large number of far reaching applications. Ad hoc networking can be utilized whenever, any place with restricted or then again no correspondence framework. The first framework is extravagant or irritating to utilize. The ad hoc network architecture can be utilized continuous business applications, corporate organizations to expand the efficiency and benefit.
The ad hoc networks can be arranged by their application as :
- Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET) which is a self-organizing infrastructure less system of cell phones communicated through remote connection.
- Vehicular Ad hoc Network (VANET) utilizes vehicles as nodes in a network to make a mobile network.
- Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) comprises of independent sensors to control the ecological activities.
Usages of Ad-Hoc network :
- Military –
An ad hoc networking will give access to the army to maintain an network among all the soldiers, vehicles and headquarters.
- Personal area network (PAN) –
It is a short range, local network where each nodes are usually related with a given range.
- Crisis Condition –
Because it is fairly easy to create it can be used in time of crisis to send emergency signals.
- Medical Application –
It can use to monitor patient.
- Environmental Application –
It can be used to check weather condition, forest fire, tsunami etc.
There are several problems that Ad Hoc network faces –
- Limited wireless range
- Packet losses
- Energy conservation because of limited batteries.
- Low-quality communications.
Hidden-node problem creates collision if two device try to communicate with same receiver.
- Exposed-node problem.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cellular and Ad hoc network
- Introduction of Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET)
- Slow Start Backoff Algorithm for Ad-Hoc
- Redundant Link problems in Computer Network
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Differences between Wireless Adhoc Network and Wireless Sensor Network
- Difference between Next Generation Network and Traditional Network
- Difference between Software Defined Network and Traditional Network
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- Stop and Wait protocol, its problems and solutions
- Applications and Limitations of Diffie-Hellman algorithm
- TCP/IP Ports and Its Applications
- Core Defences Mechanism in Web Applications
- How to solve RSA Algorithm Problems?
- Problems with Token Ring
- Network Devices (Hub, Repeater, Bridge, Switch, Router, Gateways and Brouter)
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- Network configuration and trouble shooting commands in Linux
- Packet Switching and Delays in Computer Network
- Collision Domain and Broadcast Domain in Computer Network
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.