In this article, we are going to write scripts to get address details from a given Zip code or Pincode using tkinter and geopy module in python, Tkinter is the most commonly used GUI module in python to illustrate graphical objects and geopy is a python module to locate the coordinates of addresses, cities, countries, landmarks, and zip code.
The tkinter module is an in-built module in Python, however, we need to install geopy module:
pip install geopy
- Import geopy module.
- Use Nominatim API to access the corresponding to a set of coordinates, nominatim uses OpenStreetMap data to find locations on Earth by name and address (geocoding).
- Use geocode() to get the location of given Zipcode and displaying it.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Zipcode: 800011 Details of the Zipcode: Danapur, Dinapur-Cum-Khagaul, Patna, Bihar, 800011, India
Below is a GUI implementation of the above program using tkinter module:
- Get Bank details from IFSC Code Using Python
- PyQt5 - GUI Application to get IP address
- Get Corona cases details - Python PyQt5
- Build an Application to Search Installed Application using Python
- Create pandas dataframe from lists using zip
- Zip function in Python to change to a new character set
- zip() in Python
- Python | Zip different sized list
- Python | Zip Uneven Tuple
- Working with zip files in Python
- Getting Instagram profile details using Python
- Corona Virus Details in India - Using Python PyQt5
- Fetching recently sent mails details sent via a Gmail account using Python
- PYGLET – Creating ZIP Location Object
- Building QR Code Generator Application using PyQt5
- Python script to get device vendor name from MAC Address
- Python - Details of CoronaVirus cases in various countries
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Getting series details fro the series id
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.